The Baseball Wiki is a free baseball encyclopedia and reference site which is being written collaboratively by its contributors. The Baseball Wiki project was started in July 2005. There are currently 8,315 articles at Baseball Wiki at the moment. We want to become the most up to date and the most reliable source for information about baseball and overall one of the best sites for all things baseball!
Baseball Wiki is a wiki, meaning that anyone can contribute to any article, including you. You can contribute by clicking on the Edit this page button on the top of each page. To learn more about editing articles to this site, see Help:Editing. Also, it is suggested that you create an account to contribute, but it is your choice. Every change you make can improve Baseball Wiki further, so if you know anything about baseball, create an account and help out. We'll be sure to welcome you, and this is all entirely free. It's very fun also!
More about Baseball Wiki
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recent changes, see articles that are being worked on right now.
- Copyright, our policy on copyrighted material and the copyright covering our material.
- All pages listed by title.
- Random article
- New articles
- Article categoriesInsert non-formatted text here
== Headline text ==[[Link title]]
Contributing to Baseball Wiki
- Create an account, the first step to contributing and being a Baseball Wikian. You can always log in when you come back anytime.
- Introduction to The Baseball Wiki, a starting point for new contributors.
- Policies and guidelines for contributors, all of The Baseball Wiki's policies and procedures.
- Help pages, for help on editing articles and more.
- Community Portal, a discussion forum to ask questions about The Baseball Wiki not answered in the FAQs or help pages.
About Wikis in general
For many people, the idea of a wiki might be a frightening and incredible concept. Take a few minutes to read some (or all!) of the links below, and get a better perspective on how a wiki is managed.
- About Wikipedia
- Why Wikipedia is so great
- Why Wikipedia is not so great
- Replies to common objections, a collection of counter arguments for common objections to the Wikipedia and wiki concept.
- WhyWikiWorks, a discussion about the wiki concept at the original WikiWikiWeb
- WhyWikiWorksNot, a discussion about the problems with the wiki concept at the original WikiWikiWeb