- settles on fair ground between home and first base, or between home and third base, or
- is on or over fair territory when bounding to the outfield past first or third base, or
- touches first, second, or third base, or
- touches the person of an umpire or player while the ball is on or over fair ground, or
- passes out of the playing field in flight while over fair ground, or
- touches any part of the fair pole, including an attached screen, in flight.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.